School Field Trips
Welcome to your Blowing Rock Art and History Museum! The Museum boasts a strong educational focus, and it is our sincere desire that you will take advantage of the fascinating exhibits, programs, and other educational resources offered here by planning frequent visits with your students.
Museum field trips are
1.5 hours and include:
- an interactive trip through a museum exhibit
- a hands-on activity
- pre-field trip information sheets
- take-home follow-up sheets
Museum field trips can:
- enhance students’ critical thinking, observational skills, and historical empathy
- introduce students to art
media and techniques
- teach proper museum etiquette and help teachers meet the NC Essential Standards in visual arts, social studies, and history
A limited number of school bus transportation reimbursements are available for eligible schools. (Call to see if your school is eligible.)
Contact Leila Weinstein, Education and Outreach Coordinator, 828.295.9099 ext. 3006 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule your field trip today.