The Blowing Rock Art & History Museum is seeking a reliable Office Manager to handle daily financial activities and reporting, manage human resources functions and coordinate office activities and operations to meet the policies and procedures of the museum. The goal is to enable the Museum’s management and Trustees to make sound business decisions, achieve BRAHM’s Mission Statement and maintain strong fiscal responsibility.
- Manage all financial matters: must have strong understanding of QuickBooks and managing a budget. Maintain rigorous financial planning. Generate accurate and thorough monthly reporting and analysis.
- Work with Trustees and Finance Committee on investment activities and strategies for financial management.
- Enhance overall institutional reputation when representing the museum at social and professional gatherings.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and compare to actual performance.
- Conduct reviews and suggestions for cost-reduction opportunities
- Budget preparation and management, forecasting
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of the Museum’s finances is maintained
- Report to department heads regularly to update them on their department’s performance
- Negotiate all insurance, manage risks and ensure adequate coverage for all aspects of the Museum, staff and Trustees
- Maintain all employee records, current letters of agreement, PTO
- Maintain Employee Handbook for accuracy and law compliance
- Work with Director in instances of grievances or violations
- Supervise Front Desk and its staffing, training and management
- Assist colleagues when necessary
- Vendor management and contract negotiations
- Oversee all purchasing
- Manage all tax payments and remittances in an accurate and timely manner
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager or Office Manager
- Proficient in Intuit QuickBooks, MS Office, E-mail
- Experience with retail and POS systems a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of Office Management procedures
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
- Able to occasionally work nights and weekends
- Strong knowledge of accounting principals
- BS degree or higher in Finance or Office Administration preferred
- Sense of Humor
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 13, 2017.
Exhibitions & Collections Internship
The Blowing Rock Art & History Museum is seeking applications for Fall 2017 internships in Exhibitions & Collections Departments.
Our interns gain hands-on experience in the arts and history through constructive, educational projects at the Museum.
To apply, applicants are asked to email a cover letter, resume, and at least two references to Dianna Cameron, Exhibitions & Collections Director, at email@example.com. Questions can be directed to the provided email or by phone at (828) 295 - 9099.
Marketing & Communication Internship
The Blowing Rock Art & History Museum is seeking applications for Fall 2017 internships in Marketing and Communications.
Interns will work closely with the Marcom Director in planning and implementing the Museums communications strategy including copywriting, brand management, public relations, website management, social media and email marketing. Interns will be challenged to grow their professional networks through participation in local business events as well as meet and interact with other communication professionals.
To apply, applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and at least two references to Amanda Melanson, Marketing & Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking for interns for help with Membership, Fundraising, and Facility Rentals. For more information on this, please email Ashley Warren, Administrative Assistant - email@example.com